interakt helps you drive growth with automated notifications on WhatsApp.
In this module, we'll help you understand more about notifications and how you can send them out easily. Here are the four features that we will cover:
• interakt simplifies how you can send out bulk, personalized and automated notifications.
As a brand, you might want to proactively reach out to your users to engage with them for a myriad of reasons. It can surely get overwhelming to send these messages to your users one by one on WhatsApp.
That's where interakt’s notification capabilities step in.
Some of the many advantages of notifications over traditional WhatsApp bulk messaging methods like forwards, broadcast lists or even creating groups are:
- There are no restrictions on the number of recipients who may receive the notifications
- Even users who might not have your number saved can receive these notifications
- The notifications that are sent in bulk can be personalized for every user
- Notifications can be automated such that they get sent when certain trigger conditions are met
Ensure that you send out only relevant notifications as sending bulk notifications may lead to some recipients marking those messages as spam, which in turn results in a downgrade in the rating of your Whatsapp account.
• interakt lets you send out two types of WhatsApp notification campaigns, i.e. One time and Ongoing.
a. One-time campaign: This campaign can be used for a one-time broadcast message that you want to send out to your users.
b. Ongoing campaign: These are campaigns that are sent to users regularly based on certain trigger occurrences. These triggers could be set up for every time a new user signs up or a payment is made. Whenever such a trigger occurs on your store, website or app, your message will be sent out automatically to the user who matched the criteria set by you.
• To create a campaign, go to the Notifications tab and click on + New Campaign button.
• Set an appropriate name for your campaign.
• The next step here is to determine whether it will be a one time or an ongoing campaign. If you choose ongoing, then every time the condition defined here occurs, this notification will be sent automatically to all the users selected for this campaign.
• You then need to filter out the users to whom you want to send this notification. Click here to understand how filter conditions work in case of One time & Ongoing Notifications.
• The next step is to create the message that you want to send. Since WhatsApp allows you to send only pre-approved templates, here you have the option to pick from one of your previously approved templates.
Watch our video on WhatsApp Templates to know all about how you can create and send templates with interactive buttons to your users.
• If your template contains variables for personalization, you need to map them right here. interakt needs you to define a fallback value for each variable. Fallback value is the static value that will be sent if the variable defined by you doesn’t have a value for a particular user.
Note: Fallback value should not contain any of the following:
Newline / Tab / More than 2 consecutive spaces
• You then need to schedule your campaign. You can choose to either send it out immediately or you can schedule it for a later date by using the custom date option. You can pick your preferred date and time and schedule it. interakt will then make sure the notifications are sent out at the time you have specified.
• You then move onto the last step where you can choose to set your campaign live immediately or save it as a draft and continue later.
A new campaign could take upto 30-60 seconds to start but post that notifications would be sent out in one go.
• You can then go back to the dashboard to see the stats of your campaign. The status of your campaign will be Completed since this was a one-time campaign. If it was an ongoing campaign the status will be Live.
• You can click on the 'State is Any' tab and proceed to filter out campaigns based on the status.
• In this dashboard, you also get to see your rating on WhatsApp. This basically tells you how your brand has been perceived by the users. If it’s green, that means you’re doing good. Whenever a user reports a business that has been spamming them on WhatsApp, it will impact this quality rating negatively.
• There’s also a message limit on the number of unique users that your business can send messages to on a daily basis. This limit keeps increasing in time - initially, your business is allowed to send messages to 1000 unique customers in a 24-hour period.
• In the dashboard below, you get to see the stats of your campaign such as how many Notifications were sent, delivered and read for the campaign that you have sent out.
You can also click on any campaign to see all the details of that particular campaign
• You can further click on this icon to see all the users who received the notification.
• This is how the notification appears to your user on their WhatsApp chat screen.
• If any user chooses to reply to a notification, you will then receive that in your shared team inbox. You will get to see a notification icon instead of the Agent Initials here, as this message was sent out as a notification.
• interakt lets you send out rich media files like images, videos and documents in the notifications that you want to send out to your users.
Now if you would like to include a media file in your template, then that has to be defined in the header of the template.
You need to first host the media on a public website or an image library, and then insert that URL as a fallback value in the template before you send it out.
At interakt, we use imagekit.io which is an online image management solution to host all our media files. The tool is quite simple and easy to use. You can pick a tool of your choice and host the media there.
• When it comes to assigning a value for the variable in the header, which in this case is for an image - we need to pick ‘use fallback value’ here.
In the fallback value box, we need to give the URL of the image that we’ve hosted on imagekit.io.
• This is imagekit.io’s website. To upload a new image, you need to click on the New button and pick your image from your files.
• Once you have uploaded the image you need, you can copy the image URL.
• You then need to head back into interakt’s dashboard and paste this URL into our message template as the fallback value for the Header section of the template. If you want to include a video or a document instead, you can simply follow the same steps.